The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) allots a 12-digit Aadhaar number to residents of India. All individuals may voluntarily enrol to obtain Aadhaar number. People willing to enrol have to provide demographic and biometric information during the enrolment process.
‘Order Aadhaar Reprint’ is a new service launched by UIDAI on pilot basis which allows residents of India to get their Aadhaar letter reprinted by paying nominal charges in case of lost, misplaced Aadhaar cards. Residents who do not have a registered mobile number can also ‘Order Aadhaar Reprint’ using Non-Registered/Alternate Mobile Number.
Steps to order a reprint of Aadhaar card:
- Visit https://resident.uidai.gov.in
- Check for the ‘Order Aadhaar Reprint’ option from the menu
- Enter your Aadhaar or Virtual Aadhaar ID number and enter the Security Code (captcha)
- In case you have a TOTP from the mAadhaar app, check the ‘I have TOTP’ box
- Request OTP and submit. In case you have a TOTP, avoid this option
- Enter the OTP and Submit. You will be asked to pay Rs 50 as reprint charges. Payment can be made through credit card, debit card, Netbanking or UPI
- An acknowledgment page is displayed after making the payment. Save and download the acknowledgement for reference
- Residents will also get the Service Request Number via SMS
SRN is 28 digit Service Request Number which is generated after raising…