Notice – Strike by Bank Staff on January 31 and February 1 2020
STRIKE BY BANK STAFF
on 31st Jan and 1st Feb 2020
Multiple rounds of discussions have been held between the IBA Negotiating Committee and the United Forum of Bank Unions for the wage revision of bank employees. In the meeting held on 30th January 2020, despite the revised offer of up to 19% hike including performance-linked incentive made from IBA side, the Unions have unfortunately decided to go ahead with an all-India Bank Strike on 31st January and 1st February 2020, to be followed by other agitational programmes.
During discussions, the conditions of business, paying capacity of Banks and consistent efforts by Banks at providing various types of benefits to the employees from time to time were explained by Unions are pressing for such demands which are not possible to be accepted. One such demand is for 5-day banking. It is known to all that the economy of the country is going through testing times. Banks being the principal players in economic development, cannot afford to provide a lesser number of working days for banking activities. Our country already has one of the highest numbers of public holidays than any other country and adding 26 more holidays would create more problems for the public.
For the convenience of the customers, Banks will keep alternative channels available and customers can utilize these alternate/digital channels of banking 24 x 7 for day to day banking.
We regret the inconvenience caused to the General Public because of irresponsible behaviour of the unions.
Latest Bank Employees News
- 13 lakhs Central Govt Employees Participated in Today’s Strike (8.1.2020) – Confederation January 8, 2020
- Bank Employees Strike on 8 January 2020 January 8, 2020
- 10 Central Trade Union Declares Nationwide Strike Tomorrow (8 Jan 2020) January 7, 2020
- AICPIN for the month of October 2019 – Press Release pdf download November 29, 2019
- DA for Bankers from November 2019 to January 2020 November 7, 2019
- Two Day Bank Strike Deferred – Bank Customers Relaxed! September 25, 2019
- Two Day Bank Strike – 26th and 27th September 2019 September 16, 2019
Source: 7th Pay Commission
Click to read article at Source Bank Strike 2020 – Notice from IBA